The United States State Department already announced the enrollment dates for the DV Lottery 2022 which will be from October 7th to November 10th, 2020.
Only one applicant per participant will be allow and, thus the State Department suggested not to wait until the last week to do so, preventing setbacks that might occur related to possible delays on the website.
In the same way, it highlighted that no applications will be accepted later than November 10th, because the system will reject them automatically.
If you’re interested to know how to apply for the visa lottery, the requirements you will need to participate, the personal data you will be required to present, and what are the non-eligible countries, we will tell you everything next.
- What’s the Diversity Visa Lottery?
- How to apply for the DV Lottery 2022?
- What are the requirements to participate in the DV Lottery 2022?
- What personal information do I need to participate in the DV Lottery?
- List of non-eligible countries to participate in the DV-2022
- DV-2022 Questions and Answers
- ✅ What’s the minimum age to participate in the visa lottery?
- ✅ Should I include my spouse even if she/he is an American citizen?
- ✅ Can I use the same photo I used last year?
- ✅ What should I put in my form if I’m married?
- ✅ What level of education should I select if I haven’t finished my university degree?
- ✅ If I finish my high school studies this year, can I participate in the visa lottery?
- ✅ If I’m married, can my partner participate as well filling out another form for the Visa Lottery?
- ✅ If my son/daughter is over 21, can I include him/her in my application?
- ✅ If I don’t have a passport, can I participate in the Visa Lottery?
- ✅ If I have step-children or adopted children, should I include them in my application form?
What’s the Diversity Visa Lottery?
DV Lottery is the common name for the Diversity Visa Program for immigrants in the United States.
This program gives the opportunity each year to more than 50 thousand citizens from other countries to travel to the United States with the permission to permanent residency, also known as a Green Card.
The visas are given through a random and computerized drawing among the applicants who fulfill the few but strict requirements to participate.
How to apply for the DV Lottery 2022?
To apply for the American DV Lottery, all applicants must fill out a form that will load when they access the official website of the State Department.
It is important to apply only through that website, since it is the only one authorized to do this procedure.
The registration is totally free and it is advisable to do it yourself to avoid possible mistakes regarding the information that will be entered.
To fill out the application form you must have personal data on hand, a passport-sized digital photograph, and fulfill all the requirements as they are described on the website.
What are the requirements to participate in the DV Lottery 2022?
Next, we will detail the requirements to participate in the DV Lottery 2022:
- To be a citizen of an eligible country for the Diversity Visa Program.
- To have finished high school (12 years of education) or its equivalent in other countries; or, on the other hand, to have work-related experience in the last 5 years in a profession which includes at least a 2-year training program (the work-related experience must be qualified on a list given by the United States State Department).
If both of these requirements are fulfilled, those interested can participate in the DV Lottery and send their application filling in the remaining personal data.
What personal information do I need to participate in the DV Lottery?
The personal information that is required the moment you apply is:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- City of birth
- Country of birth
- A digital photograph that fulfills the requirements to be considered valid
- Mailing address
- Country where you live today
- Passport number and passport expiration date.
- Phone number (optional)
- E-mail address
- Marital status
- Number of children
In the case of having children and a spouse, it will be necessary to fill out forms detailing their personal information such as photographs, first and last names, gender, date of birth and country.
It is important that all applicants fill out the form completely before entering it, and that they do it only one time; on the contrary, if they do so more than once, they will be automatically disqualified.
List of non-eligible countries to participate in the DV-2022
The following list details all the countries that are not eligible to participate in the DV-2022:
- China (including Hong Kong SAR).
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- South Korea
- The United Kingdom (except for Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories
On the other hand, the State Department pointed out along with this list that people who were born in Macao SAR and Taiwan are eligible.
DV-2022 Questions and Answers
✅ What’s the minimum age to participate in the visa lottery?
Taking into consideration the lowest level of education the applicant is required to have to participate in the lottery, the applicant must be 18 years old.
✅ Should I include my spouse even if she/he is an American citizen?
You do not need to include them, but if you do the application won’t change.
✅ Can I use the same photo I used last year?
No, because it has to be a recent photo within the last 6 months, if you do not do this, you run the risk of being disqualified.
✅ What should I put in my form if I’m married?
In the case of being married, you must select the corresponding label related to marital status and then fill out the next page of the form related to your spouse’s information.
✅ What level of education should I select if I haven’t finished my university degree?
If you haven’t finished your university degree, you must select the option that says High School degree.
✅ If I finish my high school studies this year, can I participate in the visa lottery?
No, because one of the requirements to apply to the lottery is to precisely have already successfully finished this level of education. In this way, what the applicant can do is be included in their parents’ application and wait for the next year to apply independently as well.
✅ If I’m married, can my partner participate as well filling out another form for the Visa Lottery?
Yes, you can participate with independent applications, this way you increase your possibilities of winning.
✅ If my son/daughter is over 21, can I include him/her in my application?
No, you can only include the children under 21 years old in your application, in this case, children over 21 can fill out their own applications independently.
✅ If I don’t have a passport, can I participate in the Visa Lottery?
No, because this is one of the pieces of information you must present in order to fill out the application form.
✅ If I have step-children or adopted children, should I include them in my application form?
Yes, all children must be included in the application form, including step-children and adopted children, as long as they are under 21 and they’re not American citizens.